Water Valve Exerciser
- Exercise 4”- 60” water utility valves using the hydraulic driven valve exerciser and valve turner;
- An articulated, powered boom with 13 feet of reach is used to position the valve exerciser torque wrench on to the utility water valve stem;
- For those hard to reach places on the other side of the fence or ditch; The hydraulic powered valve turner can reach and exercise valves up to 40 feet from the Incline-Vac;
- The valve exerciser will count the number of rotations with an accuracy of 1 tenth of a rotation and measure the torque required for each tenth of a rotation while opening and closing the utility valve;
- The Valve-X™ Electronic data gathering system is a fully automated data gathering and storage system, which only requires the operator to log in with an RFID tag and punch in an identifying number for the valve that is being exercised. The Valve-X™ automation does the rest.
- The Valve-X™ Electronic data gathering system uses the RFID tag to identify who the operator is and to start the data gathering function. The GPS documents the date, starting time, latitude, longitude, elevation, & valve exercising completion time; sensors log the torque and count the rotations with an accuracy of 1 tenth of a revolution. The GPS accuracy is about 1 meter, which verifies which valve is being exercised. All data is stored to a flash drive. At the end of each day’s work the flash drive can be used for transferring the valve exercising data to a centralized GIS utility mapping system.
- Exercise a fire hydrant and use the onboard fire hydrant diffuser to flush and test fire hydrants and de-chlorinate the water.
- The Valve Exerciser may be skid mounted, truck mounted, ATV mounted or Skid Steer mounted;
- The Valve exerciser may also be attached to a Vacuum Excavator for the purpose of cleaning or resetting utility valve boxes.
- The Valve Exerciser may also be coupled with a Hydro-Excavator for more efficient excavation of compacted dirt, such as when potholing in order to daylight a buried utility.